[Asterisk-Users] Line in use

Miles Scruggs asterisk at garnetweb.com
Fri Apr 7 00:17:47 MST 2006

How do you tell if an ext/SIP account.is in use?  For instance can you
tell from a Dial() what the status of the line was.

I would like to differentiate between in use and unanswered (for someone
who is on the phone, but doesn't want to take the call)
&
ignored/dnd/unanswered but not in use (for someone who isn't at the
phone, or just isn't interested in answering the phone.

Basically I want to give the caller the option to keep holding if the
callee is on the phone, and can't take the call, but if they callee is
just not answering then it will go to voicemail.

Thanks

Miles