[Asterisk-Users] Pickup() h323

Hamid Hashemi hamid at morva.net
Thu Apr 6 23:52:38 MST 2006

I did try it again without success. I did check the debug logs and there
is nothing special there about any errors. Following the logs it says
that the connection is established but no Voice and no Tone. here is my
scenario :

I have a SIP phone which make a SIP call to asterisk with G729 Codec.
The Asterisk then make an H323 call to the external peer with G729 codec
again and it should make bridge between these 2 calls ( 1 incomming and
1 outgoing )
I checked it with OH323 with the same scenario and it is working well.
But for H323 I couldn't make the call. Any idea ?

Hamid Hashemi wrote:
> Ok I will try it again and will let the list know about the result.
>
> Jeremy McNamara wrote:
>> Hamid Hashemi wrote:
>>
>>> Hi ,
>>>
>>> Is your chan_h323 driver can support codec g729 or g723 in bridge
>>> mode ( I mean no transcoding just bridging ) ? I did try it without
>>> success however both chan_oh323 and chan_ooh323 can support it
>>> without any problem .
>>

>> Yes, chan_h323 will pass thru any codec as long as your configuration
>> and the 'far-end' allows the proper codec.  Also, you cannot have any
>> Dial options (Ttr etc) and you cannot play any prompts.  Just
>> Dial,H323/your_location
>>
>> If you have trouble turn on H.323 debug and have debug on the console
>> line in logger.conf.
>>

>> Jeremy McNamara

Regards
   /  Seyyed Hamid Reza    /        WINDOWS FOR NOW  !!            /
  /  Hashemi Golpayegani  /  Linux for future , FreeBSD for ever  /
/  Network Administrator/ hamid at morva.net   ,   ICQ# : 42209876 /