[Asterisk-Users] # IP601's with POE per Catalyst 3560G-48PS

Jay Wilton asteriskcr at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 6 21:14:48 MST 2006

> I'd run the calculations again using 300 ma as a
> reasonable guess, and
> see where that takes you. If you want something more
> accurate, cut one
> of the wires on a wall wart and measure it with a $20
> radio shack
> voltmeter. Cheap investment considering the cost of the
> 3560.

I triple checked the number from the IP601 wallwart, they
are correct.  Thanks for the Watts = volts * amps.  I will
try the voltmeter.

The number at max draw is 30 phones at 12 Watts.  With the
300mA, the number is 50 phones at 7.2 Watts.  Meet in the
middle back to 40...better to be lucky than good

Thx Greg and Rich