[Asterisk-Users] # IP601's with POE per Catalyst 3560G-48PS

Greg Oliver goliver at cistera.com
Thu Apr 6 19:02:44 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 18:57 -0700, Jay Wilton wrote:
> Hello people,
> 370 Watts maximum output / 9.6 Watts/phone = 38 phones
> Does this logic hold water or change with line loss?
>
> Thank you,
> JJW

All I can say is that if you "oversubscribe" POE devices to a cisco
switch, they have the tendency to burn out the POE modules in them..

But your logic sounds right - I am surprised to see the polycoms
requiring so much power.  I think in real world, you would see polycoms
consuming on average much less..

-Greg