[Asterisk-Users] Pickup() h323

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Thu Apr 6 13:37:52 MST 2006

Dan Austin wrote:

>Again I am not trying to knock any of the H.323 channels.  They
>each have their strengths and the system administrator should use
>the one that works best for them.

The one thing nobody ever realizes is there there is very very limited
interoperability in H.323.    It is not any one particular channel
drivers fault, it is the underlying H.323 stack and the recommendation
passed down from the ITU - Which is not a specification, hence the
problems everyone has with H.323.  There was too much left open for
interpretation.

Again, everyone, stop blaming any one particular channel driver in
Asterisk and start blaming H.323 itself.

If for some crazy reason you still must run H.323, then you will always
run into problems, no matter what H.323-based gear or software you utilize.

Jeremy McNamara