[Asterisk-Users] Re: MWAnalyze question

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Thu Apr 6 12:27:42 MST 2006

James W. Brinkerhoff schrieb:
> My question for you is:  When testing a tone as given in the example,
> Mwanalyze(8|8000|60|328), assuming there were no issues with the
> connection and the tone came through perfectly, what would you expect
> the 3 variables to hold?

Hi,

assuming slinear as the only transport codec and the other side
is already sending 1 kHz when starting and also after ending,
mwa_amplitude would be 2^15-1 (32767),
mwa_ripple would be 0,
and mwa_bad_timeslices would be 0.

In real cases (good line quality, but codec G.711),
mwa_amplitude is 29000 .. 31000
mwa_ripple is typically below 100,
and mwa_bad_timeslices will count the cracks,
and thus may be 0, if no jitter problems occour.

Roger.