[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk behind NAT

Andre Ruiz andre.ruiz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 10:43:43 MST 2006

Kerry Garrison said exactly that three messages before in this thread.

You need to map 5060 and all the RTP ports (10000 to 20000 unless you
changed that).

BTW, Giridhar said two messages before that you should set nat=yes in
sip.conf. Notice that this is for when the *peer* is behind nat and
reaches asterisk outside nat. It will not help when asterisk is inside
nat and being reached from outside.

andre

On 4/6/06, Joao Pereira <joao.pereira at fccn.pt> wrote:
> Thank you very much
> And if I put the correct SRV records in the DNS, can Asterisk receive
> calls??
>
> How does the router knows, that the call must be delivered to Asterisk?
> Can I map all the requests that reach the router port 5060, to be
> delivered in 192.168.0.50 ?
>
> Did someone implemented successfully a SIP domain in Asterisk behind NAT?
> Thanks
> Joao Pereira
>

> Kerry Garrison wrote:
>
> >Yes.
> >
> >In Sip.conf you need the following lines:
> >
> >externip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ; put public ip address here
> >localnet=192.168.10.0/255.255.255.0 ; edit as appropriate
> >
> >In your firewall, add the following mappings to your server:
> >
> >5060-5061 UDP
> >10,000 - 20,000 UDP
> >
> >Kerry Garrison
> >Director of Technical Services
> >Tech Data Pros - Orange County's Mobile IT Service Provider
> >(949) 502-7819 x200 - kerryg at techdatapros.com
> >http://www.techdatapros.com

Andre Ruiz  <andre.ruiz at gmail.com>
Curitiba, PR, Brasil