[Asterisk-Users] Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 10:38:57 MST 2006

I've been told that the problem was:

I've a daily cron job:

/usr/sbin/asterisk -r -x "stop when convenient"

then i had

/usr/sbin/asterisk start

I've been recomended to replace:

/usr/sbin/safe_asterisk

I've done that, let's see how it goes tomorrow when i arrive at the office.

I didn't have time yet to understand the safe_asterisk, if any one
could summarize it would be very good

Thanks,
Best regards,

Marco Mouta