[Asterisk-Users] RE: Milliwatt Test Number List

William M. Sandiford wsandiford at DURHAMTELECOM.com
Wed Apr 5 09:16:33 MST 2006

Well give it a day and I will reply to my own questions.  I guess my
friends are right that I do talk to myself :)

Anyways, Sprint called back and according to their technician,  "Oh, I'm
sorry, it looks like we do have milliwatt test lines that support 1004
Hz or 1.004 kHz test tones"

So for those of you that might need this info in the future here is the
info I found.

For Sprint Canada (now Rogers Telecom)
NPA 905 - 905-290-0102
NPA 416 - 416-916-8102
NPA 647 - 647-430-0102

For Bell Canada
Apparently Bell Canada reserves NPA-NXX-1185 for milliwatt in most
exchanges.  I was able to get it working in 2 of the exchanges that I
needed it in, however a nice little old lady answered the phone in one
of the others, so it appears that they are not 100% consistent on this,
but try a few of the NXX in your local calling area and you should find
one.  I found the following that suited my purpose:

Toronto - 416-494-1185
Toronto - 416-439-1185
Oshawa - 905-404-1185

Regards,