[Asterisk-Users] fax server functionality on Asterisk

Frank Ochmann ochmann at loca.net
Wed Apr 5 09:15:04 MST 2006

List,

how can I put fax server functionality on Asterisk? * as a reliable fax
server for 500-1000 fax/day (mostly incoming)? Fax server should be like
HylaFax, i.e. stable, low maintenance and functionality like receiving
fax as email with PDF attachment, sending faxes per WHFC.

Faxing with spandsp using bri_stuff (BeroNet/Junghanns quadBRI ISDN
cards) shortens some faxes, or faxes loose lines, or when sending faxes
a bri channel stays open for days (seems to be a sync problem). Any
experiences/hints/suggestions?

Or how would I best use Asterisk and Hylafax? Would IAXmodem work
reliable? Anyone here using this with BRI? Or what about using
Asterisk+HylaFax+CAPI (e.g. AVM C4)?

Is there another way of using Asterisk as a reliable faxserver with BRI?

Frank
--
LocaNet oHG - http://www.loca.net
Lindemannstrasse 81, D-44137 Dortmund