[Asterisk-Users] chan_modem_i4l delay

Alain Degreffe info at lolisoft.be
Wed Apr 5 08:17:59 MST 2006

        Hi,

        I currently use  Asterisk 1.0.7-BRIstuffed-0.2.0-RC7k on a debian sarge with a kernel 2.4.27 on a P4 3Gig with 1Gig
of memory

        When i use i4l on any call, the called party ( on the telco operator side )  ear me with a delay of 1 sec after 1
minutes , 2 sec after 3 minutes and so on...

        After a quart hour, the delay make the conversation just impossible !!!

        I use a tdm400P to connect my analogs phones and all is working very well between two zap stations.

        I  have  tried different Passive isdn card ( no hfc so I can't use zaphfc driver)

        Anybody have an idea to fix this problem ?

        BTW, I have compiled my kernel with the dtmf patch for isdn_tty.c so....

        The cpu usage is  25% during a conversation, 75% idle

        I have a PCI latency of 32 msec

        With or without APIC, no changes....

        It seems that the voice is buffered and sended too slowly to the i4l channel and so a delay is present afetr a short
time and became bigger minutes after minutes...

        Alain Degreffe