[Asterisk-Users] WOW! Sphinx is awesome... but.... (asterisk+sphinx+menus)

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 06:10:26 MST 2006

On 4/5/06, Ronald Wiplinger <ronald at elmit.com> wrote:
> Matt wrote:
> > Hey all,
> > I recently installed the Sphinx voice recognition software, and let me
> > just say that it rocks... major time.   Now... a question for those
> > who may be more experienced then I..   Is there anyway I can have
> > Sphinx be listening WHILE I am playing a prompt to someone?
>
> Matt, it is the first time I hear positive about Sphinx.
> Do you have a menu for the installation you did?

** EAGI - I see that that does seem to do what I am looking for,
however the documentation on EAGI seems to be lacking.  I can get the
EAGI-test perl file to run, but it is compiled so sadly I can't see
anything, further, the sphinx-eagi-test perl file is ALSO compiled!!!
 ARG!  So much for learning by example

** MY MENU - Yes Sphinx is reliably detecting things said by many
people.  It seems pretty good.   As far as a menu... you mean what
words am I looking for?   HOTEL, RESTAURANT, APARTMENT, WIRELESS.
Basically, asking the person where they are (and we offer wireless, so
that's a possiblity).  THe person can say "I am in a hotel" and Sphinx
sees 'HOTEL'!