[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk in production as a fax server, anyone?

Paulo Scardine paulo at braslink.com
Wed Apr 5 05:56:42 MST 2006

Julio Arruda escreveu:

> Paulo,
> He is mentioning E1/PRI, so I assume the well known "collect call on
> E1/R2 thingie" doesn't apply to him.

Julio,

I have 1 E1 from telefonica and 1 from Embratel. Telefonica has a better
deal for incoming calls (gave us more DIDs) but Embratel has better
rates. I've had a real hard time trying to make E1/PRI signaling work
with Embratel, with no success. In the end, I had to use MFC/5C.
Telefonica and Embratel will not block collect calls for you, they dont
care, its easy money.

May be he is linking to a smaller and more flexible telco, or may be he
will put the * box behind another PBX that has better support for MFC/5C
than libmfcr2. I'm just curious anyway.

The automated collect call system in Brazil is really dumb and unfair,
and is abused so many ways... I want to beat the crap out of the genius
who invented this system where the callee does not have to explicitly
accept a collect call.

Anatel (the telco government agency in Brazil) dont even acknowledge
this as problem, because they will not accept complaints against Anatel
regulations, just against the telcos, and the telcos are following this
dumb rules to the letter. Its because regulatory agencies in Brazil are
here not to protect the citizens, just to extort money from private
companies to burn in our corrupt political engine.

Sorry for the rant, but I would like to hear from other people running *
in Brazil, how they address this trouble.

--
Paulo