[Asterisk-Users] Frustrated with echo...

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Apr 5 05:47:55 MST 2006

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 07:26, Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
> We reboot all our Asterisk servers once per week if they have a TDM400P
> in them.  If we don't do that, then the TDM400P modules stop working.

I have *never* rebooted an Asterisk system because of the TDM400.  Granted,
the driver did have a signed/unsigned variable issue but it's been fixed
quite literally for months.  When that *was* an issue, I would of course stop
asterisk and unload/reload the wctdm module, but as I said that has not been
a problem for six months, if not longer.

*CLI> zap show status
Description                              Alarms     IRQ        bpviol     CRC4
Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 1         OK         0          0          0

*CLI> show uptime
System uptime: 8 weeks, 1 day, 11 hours, 26 seconds

*CLI> show version
Asterisk SVN-trunk-r8643M built by root @ asterisk on a i686 running Linux on
2006-01-25 12:57:55 UTC

# w
 08:48:24 up 57 days, 10:57,  1 user,  load average: 0.16, 0.03, 0.01

As a community we *really* need to stop pushing these old issues as if they
were current.  There *were* problems, but they *have* been fixed.

-A.

... hell, I'm even sharing interrupts on this TDM400P:

# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:  496444645          XT-PIC  timer
  1:          2          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
 10:    4947152          XT-PIC  eth0
 11:  669495590          XT-PIC  wctdm, usb-uhci
 14:     168829          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          0
ERR:          0

Not as "wow" as when I was using a diferent system and sharing TDM400P
interrupts with the NIC (the box was also an NFS server), but seriously...
the old rumours and bugs that DID exist have been quite squashed, in my
opinion.  We need to move on and start complaining about the current
bugs!  :-)

-A.