[Asterisk-Users] asterisk-ooh323, asterisk 1.2.6 and netmeeting

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Wed Apr 5 02:07:22 MST 2006

On 04/05/06 13:52 Dinesh Nair said the following:

> On 04/05/06 13:17 Avi Miller said the following:
>
>> I had a similar problem connecting Asterisk to an Avaya IP403 via
>> OOH323: In the end, I removed all the disallow=all and allow=<codec>
>> lines in Asterisk. This seems to have allowed the two systems to
>> overcome the codec negotiation problems they were having and proceed
>> with actual audio transfer. :)
>

> we'll try with this, but further testing reveals that the H.323
> negotiation over port 1720 happens fine, with H.245 then being done over
> another TCP port tuple. we didnt see the RTP port session being
> created/negotiated. i'm assuming from the asterisk-ooh323 docs that it
> uses asterisk's builtin RTP mechanism, and this should be over UDP.
> there were no UDP packets being exchanged at all.
>
> we will try your suggestion however.

more tests reveal that with ohphone, calls from SIP->ohphone work fine with
audio passed both ways. however when ohphone calls a SIP device, the call
is hungup when the SIP device answers. obviously, SIP-IAX and SIP-SIP calls
work fine, so there's nothing wrong with the SIP device per se.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/