[Asterisk-Users] Pickup() h323

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Tue Apr 4 22:14:39 MST 2006

Hamid Hashemi wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> Is your chan_h323 driver can support codec g729 or g723 in bridge mode
> ( I mean no transcoding just bridging ) ? I did try it without success
> however both chan_oh323 and chan_ooh323 can support it without any
> problem .

Yes, chan_h323 will pass thru any codec as long as your configuration
and the 'far-end' allows the proper codec.  Also, you cannot have any
Dial options (Ttr etc) and you cannot play any prompts.  Just
Dial,H323/your_location

If you have trouble turn on H.323 debug and have debug on the console
line in logger.conf.

Jeremy McNamara