[Asterisk-Users] Ideal Setup for T1/PRI and TE110P - second try

Don Pobanz asterisk at hastingsutilities.com
Tue Apr 4 13:03:24 MST 2006

JT Zemp wrote:
> I'm setting up a T1 and my telco has a bunch of questions it wants me to
> answer. I know much of the TE110p is configurable to do any of this, but
> I wanted to know if there is an optimal or preferred setup.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Here is the quiz my telco is giving me:
>
> Wiring: 4-Wire | Coax | Fiber (I'm assuming 4-wire is the correct
> interface)
4-wire

 > Jack type: RJ45 | 48?

Both are 8 pin modular jacks with the same dimensions. However, they are
different on which pair they transmit and receive on. Telco equipment
uses RJ48 and so if you want to use the 'T1' cables, you will need an RJ48.

> Dial Tone: None | Yes-Precise | Yes-SCC
???

> Framing: SF | ESF (I'm assuming ESF)
ESF is preferred

> Line Coding: AMI | B8ZS
B8ZS

> Signaling Start: Ground Start | E&M | Loop Start w/ring | Loop Start w/o
> ring (which of these does kewlstart deal with?)

If this is for DID trunks probably 'E&M'. For E&M trunks Kewlstart, loop
start or ground start does not apply. They apply to lines not trunks.

> Pulse Mode: DTMF | MF (I assume DTMF)
??

> Outpulse Mode: Wink | Immediate | Seizure (If Seizure, then Origination
> or Digit Collection)
We use Wink for our DID trunks.

> Will ANI delivery be required for Toll-Free service? (I'm assuming Yes
> if we want to pass our caller id?)
???

Also, the phone company will probably set it up to send you calls
starting on channel one and moving up for the first available channel.
You will want to start at the highest channel and work down when sending
calls to them. This will minimize 'glare', when both parties try to
initiate a call on the same channels at the same time.

Don Pobanz