[Asterisk-Users] chan-capi: Sending digits on a bri (isdn) d-channel

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Tue Apr 4 05:06:11 MST 2006

No, that is the wrong way. All channel drivers can provide a function
send_digit(), which is implemented in chan-capi.
So if Asterisk (or its applications) don't use this, I say it should be
fixed, instead of a workaround in the channel driver.

send_text() is at the same API, but means something different.
channels like SIP can send text, analog lines can't. CAPI also could send
text via UUS, but this is not implemented yet. Anyway send_text has nothing
to do with digits.

Armin