[Asterisk-Users] MeetMe/Asterisk Timer

Kelvin Williams kelvinewilliams at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 21:10:34 MST 2006

We are using Asterisk in a purely VOIP environment, on leased "dedicated"
server at a "dedicated" server provider.  It is becoming more and more
apparent that this "dedicated" server is actually a vritualized server.

We have now found a need to utilize the MeetMe application for
conferencing.  However we have no Zaptel hardware.  We have attempted to
build the ztdummy kernel module for the server but are finding ourselves
unable to do so because we do not have the kernel source on the box (as the
"dedicated" server provider does not make it available, and typical
resources for kernel sources causes the "dedicated" server to crash).

In short, does anyone have any other advice to get the MeetMe application
working on a potentially virtualized server (although the box said
"dedicated"), without kernel sources, and a box that has no apparent USB?

Thank you so much in advance for your advice.
kw