[Asterisk-Users] Monitor or mixmonitor

Wai Wu wwu at Calltrol.com
Mon Apr 3 19:30:25 MST 2006

Hi all,

I am setting up a script to record all the call. There are two app for recording. "Monitor" and "Mixmonitor", one mixing the audio on the fly and one mixing it at the end but also allow a option not to mixing the audio at all. If mixing the audio on the fly is not that taxing on the CPU, I would like to use 'mixmonitor' app. My question is, what is penalty on the CPU when mixing the audio on the fly? I know this is the better option, but I don't really need the 'in' and 'out' audio mixed until it's played back, and which happens less than 5% of the time. What are your thoughts?