[Asterisk-Users] Hinting

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Mon Apr 3 11:42:15 MST 2006

The polycoms have a buddy feature where you can "watch" a buddy.  From
what I can tell, it sends a subscribe to the server, and only works if
you're hinting the phone.  That's what was suggested I do since I want to
be able to tell if someone's on the phone, and I've watched the sip debug
as it boots up and it does in fact send a subscribe to the server for the
extensions I want to watch.  The server's not really doing anything with
it though, so I'm kinda lost on how this is going to work.  Sip debug
doesn't show asterisk sending any information to the phone after it
subscribes.

Aaron