[Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: Compatible Asterisk Connectivity Cards :Sangoma

Heidi Mendoza heidim06 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 09:31:24 MST 2006

There is no argument that Asterisk is strong today
because of the contributions to make it so by Digium
employee developers.

But since this is "supposed to be open sourced", then
non-Digium but still members of the Asterisk community
have also contributed to its present state.  Sangoma
developers, and many other similar companies, have
also contributed being members as well.  This makes
sense because their business is also to benefit from a
strong Asterisk.

What I also strongly believe is that Sangoma (and
others like them) have substantially raised the bar of
excellence through their own innovative connectivity
products.  Innovations which at the end of the day,
goes back to benefit Asterisk.

I'm pretty sure that Digium is right now going head
over heels in trying to catch up to what Sangoma is
doing good at right now.  And if ever they do, then
Asterisk goes one notch higher in the respectability
level.

Take out competition, and you're forced to accept
whatever is fed to you (quality or no quality).

Heidi