[Asterisk-Users] Beginner: PBX for my house

Cory Andrews Cory at VoIPSupply.com
Mon Apr 3 08:04:35 MST 2006

Erik - A TE110P would not really be appropriate, unless you plan on having a
T1 in your house.  You could run Asterisk @ Home on a dedicated box, and
something like a TDM21B, which has (1) FXO port and (2) FXS ports.  You
could run your existing analog (POTS) phone line into the FXO port, and
connect two analog phones via the FXS port.  You could also have additional
SIP phones, both wired and wireless, around your house.  This would allow
you to make calls out of your analog line, and also make SIP calls via a
broadband internet connection (DSL/Cable).  Also, since you are connected to
the PSTN, you have some failover capabilities.

Cory Andrews

Executive Vice President

++++++++++++++++++

VoIPSupply.com