[Asterisk-Users] 1.2.6 doesn't use mpg123?

Lee Archer lee.archer at pentagon-systems.com
Mon Apr 3 07:38:20 MST 2006

Madplay did work fine with * 1.0.

Lee

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Andre Ruiz
Sent: 03 April 2006 15:28
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Asterisk-Users] 1.2.6 doesn't use mpg123?

Mpg123 was the only way back in 1.0 versions.

In asterisk 1.2, they´ve implemented a new "format" module for mp3 codec, making it possible to do "native" mp3 streaming, but the old way is still ok.

When I first saw the native one, there were some limitations, like the
mp3 could not have any ID3 tag and had to be on certain rate, and be mono. I quickly discarded it because I would not like to convert my
mp3 collection to a new format, and would rather keep mpg123, which was fine.

Those limitations may be gone, please check. In that case, it may be better to use the native format due to CPU use concerns, but until testing I don´t think it´ll be much of a big difference.

andre

Andre Ruiz  <andre.ruiz at gmail.com>
Curitiba, PR, Brasil