[Asterisk-Users] Callback auto dialing

Cosmin Prund cosmin at adicomsoft.ro
Mon Apr 3 06:43:37 MST 2006

Hello everyone.

This is an other question from a relatively newbie.

I'd like to provide auto callback ability for my *. From my mobile I want to
be able to call a number on the * and have it call me back on my mobile. I
know how to generate a .call file from a script and I know how to call a
script from the dialplan (in order to get the .call file generated). I also
found the scripts on www.voip-info.org on "callback voicemail" but what I
want is not voicemail. I just want to talk to the * and use it's much lower
rates!

What I do not know is what to write in that call file so I'll get an IVR
when I answer the phone, not Voicemail or an other channel. It seems that
call files are designed to connect one channel to an other channel or one
channel to an application. But I don't want to connect to an application
like Voicemail, I want the system to behave as if I called the other way
around and ended up into an arbitrary context.

Thanks for any help,
Cosmin Prund,
Romania