[Asterisk-Users] Re: Compatible Asterisk Connectivity Cards : Sangoma

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Apr 3 05:07:51 MST 2006

> If everyone stopped buying Digium cards and switched to another vendor
> then Asterisk development would slow down and probably be less
> organized.
>
> It is important to mention that Sangoma has contributed many code
> patches and new features to Asterisk in the last few years,
> essentially giving Digium code. While it is in no way close to the
> amount of code written by Digium employees, it is still a contribution
> worth mentioning.

Its also very important to recognize that some of us have problems with
some of the digium products where the equivalent sangoma product
resolves that problem. If it were not for the sangoma products, asterisk
would not be installed in production at some sites.

I fully understand your statements and happen to agree with the majority
of them, but there is also the reality that not all cards are created
equal. (Some of that should be changing shortly.)