[Asterisk-Users] Re: BRI cards, HFC, and bristuff - a general questionto clear up my understanding.

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Mon Apr 3 00:02:21 MST 2006

On Friday, March 31, 2006 3:52 PM Chris Earle wrote:

> I'm wondering if I should be using zapHFC with my Junghanns card
> instead of qozap?

Why would you want to do that? Sorry if I missed the start of the problem
but qozap is what you want to use with your Junghanns card (at least if you
want to stay with zaptel/libpri).

> Everyone always mentions zaphfc -- mostly I
> guessed because they are using a zaphfc-compatible card ----- but
> *maybe* I should try that instead of qozap???

No. I would use zaphfc only for cheap 1 BRI HFC cards. All Quadro or Octo
BRI cards I know of use their own drivers and need them! Note that the HFC
chipsets differ on those cards and in order to use the features of the more
complex HFC chipset on Quadro/OctoBRIs I assume you will have to stick with
qozap.

Especially when it comes to bridging calls between BRI interfaces or even
cards (I think this will be part of one of the next driver versions from
Junghanns).

Kind regards,
  JP