[Asterisk-Users] Connecting Asterisk to "traditional" phone central

Andrew Nowrot andrew.nowrot at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 13:19:05 MST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to connect Asterisk to traditional central. It must be done over
ISDN. I am utilizing Asterisk 1.0.9 from bristuff RC8p. I was able to
communicate them with each other, but I have a problem with callerid. The
traditional central does not recognize the callerid from the phones
connected to Asterisk over Linksys PAP-2.
The service man from the "traditional" central told me that in logs of the
central the callerid is not set. To check it I connected the normal ISDN
phone to the central and in this case the callerid was set. I think the the
problem is in my Asterisk box.
My zapata.conf looks like this:

; Zapata telephony interface

; Configuration file