[Asterisk-Users] Line Pick up Problem

Mr Asterisk AsteriskUsers at clarityforms.com
Sun Apr 2 04:16:31 MST 2006

Could anyone shed some light on this problem:

Running Asterisk @ Home 1.7

When call comes in (Zap Clone 100 Card), the extensions ring but when
lifting the receiver on an IP phone (BudgeTone 100), I just hear a bit of
crackle sound in time with the ringing of the other extensions. The external
caller still has the ringing sound, so asterisk has not picked up the line.

If I set Immediate Answer to Yes, then Asterisk picks up the line, the
extensions ring and after lifting the receiver of an IP phone the call is
completed (i.e. can talk to the caller).

It doesn't make sense that asterisk knows how to answer the line in the
Immediate Answer Mode but if it does it without Immediate Answer and the
ringing extension's receiver is lifted it fails.

I've rechecked all configurations (both phone and Asterisk) as per setup
guides and kept everything as standard as possible.

I've no idea why I can't have the line answered after the extension's
receiver is lifted. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Richard