[Asterisk-Users] voicemail to email sending problems

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 19:50:51 MST 2006

What does your /var/spool/mqueue look like? The messages in there
should give you a clue what's wrong. For some reasone I'm suspecting
that your exchange server is behind the same NAT as the sendmail
machine, sendmail is resloving yourdomain.com to the public MX record,
and your NAT device (like most NAT servers) will not allow internal
access to the public ip address that is mapped internaly. The best way
to work around *all* of these problems is to:
1. Configure the sendmail.cf (using of course the *.mc files,but if
you want to edit the .cf file it's macro DS change that to
read:DSipaddress) to use a smart host that will allow relay from this
sendmail box. In your case create a rule on your exchange email to
allow relaying from your sendmail box, and configure your sendmail box
to use the exchange server using the IP address of the exchange
server.
2. Make sure that the sendmail box uses an email address that is *not*
local to the sendmail box, and is real. If you run exchange it is
usualy the easiest to do this by configuring masquardating on the
sendmail box (again use the .mc files, but if you edit the .cf I think
it's the DM option), and create a secondary email address for someone
with root at yourdomain.com. That way all the NDRs will always go
there.