[Asterisk-Users] 1.2.6 doesn't use mpg123?

Melcon Moraes levelz at terra.com.br
Sat Apr 1 06:33:00 MST 2006

You don't have to use it in newer versions. Get your mp3, ant convert to
slin format with sox.

Ex: sox -V file.mp3 [-c1] file.slin

-V: just to show you what's going on
-c1: convert to 1 channel, if your mp3 is stereo

Then edit your musiconhold.conf like this:

[native]
mode=files
directory=/var/lib/asterisk/moh-native

and you'll have a nice native streaming. You can convert your stuff to
another formats, like "sox file.mp3 [-c1] file.gsm" or "sox file.mp3
[-c1] file.ul" and let asterisk decide which one best fits given channel.

[]'s
MM