[Asterisk-Users] Panasonic KXTD 1232 6

Krzysztof Drewicz asterisk at 4e1.pl
Sat Apr 1 05:49:00 MST 2006

charles napisa�(a):

> I want to replace a Telebutler software

It's Telebutler software some simple IVR/CC solution?

> auto attendent system that used a 4 port Dialogic board connected to a
> Panasonic KXTD 1232 6 line system. We have spare computers here. How
> do I connect asterisk to this Panasonic system?

IIRC KXTD 1232 is a 12 public, 32 inside access PBX (up to 24 system and
8 pots for faxes or sth like that).
It uses 6 BRI to access PTSN lines so you have to use some multi-port
BRI (active and powered) card.
http://www.eicon.com/worldwide/products/MediaGateways/diva-server-v4bri.htm
or
http://www.beronet.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40&Itemid=28&lang=en
The latter costs:
BN8S0 8 Port S0 Card (TE/NT) + - Power Bundles BN Power
984,84EUR [incl. VAT] 849,00EUR [excl.VAT]

This is not very cost-effective solution, and in most cases you have to
use chan_misdn or other not-so-very-popular channel driver.

Why you use plain PBX when you could do as simple as: one two/four span
E1/T1 card, one port connected to Telco, second (3rd,4rd) connected to
channel bank ?

Btw: you could have a 4 times E1 in one PCI card (brand new) for less
than a 650 USD and some Zhone CB from ebay around 120-150 USD (not very
much used, i'm using it by my self).

--
Krzysztof Drewicz