[Asterisk-Users] voicemail to email sending problems

Jordan Novak jnovak at logisticshealth.com
Sat Apr 1 00:04:51 MST 2006

I have a box that will send to my personal pop/web based email but will not send to my exchange server. I have checked the MX record and DNS settings. I know there is something you can do like this to check it but it returns either a -1 or 0 (have no idea what that means)

sendmail
/mx

anyway I can send to a ISP based Mail account outside the company. We have .wav files allowed we also require smtp authentication. We do have an IP that is allowed to accept non authenticated mail from our databases, but I am not sure how to use this address with sendamil instaed of it using the MX record. which is mail.timbucktoo.com instaed of the allowed ip to bounce off of.
Should I be formatting the address in voicemail.conf to the allowed IP?
so its formatted jordan at 3.3.1.100
Any thoughts.