[Asterisk-Users] Music on hold not initiating RTP stream?

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at digitalpath.net
Fri Sep 30 17:05:41 MST 2005

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 06:47:51PM -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> >The ATA's are Sipura SPA-2002's and I have MOH Server set to 899 on each.
>
> Take that out, you don't need it.
>
> None of this is needed; Asterisk will stream MOH to ATA 2 all by itself,
> just by the fact that ATA 1 put ATA 2 on hold. You have
> over-complexified the setup :-)

Hmm, well took the MOH settings out.  Now when I put a caller on hold (or hit
flash), Asterisk doesn't do anything, and definitely still not getting any
music on hold :)

I'll have to do some tcpdumps later to see what SIP messages are sent now when
I hit hold and what happens to the rtp streams.

Thanks for the reply!