[Asterisk-Users] 911 Q

Joel Newkirk asterisk-user at newkirk.us
Fri Sep 30 13:01:03 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 09:16 -0700, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 10:20:12AM -0400, Joel Newkirk wrote:
> > How can we achieve this, short of 'reciting' the unit number aloud at
> > the beginning of the placed call?
>
> Hmm, could you just put the full address (including unit no.) in the E911
> database for the corresponding numbers assigned?

We're only expecting about 1/4 as many outside lines as rental units,
which I believe would make that impossible.  These units are typically
rented by golfers and hangers-on during various events. (think about the
cloud that descends on a US Open golf tournament) It's not hotel-style
(there's no 'front desk') nor long-term residences - it's a condominium
complex on the course dedicated entirely to short-term rentals.  The
situation is that someone calling in will be prompted for a unit number,
outbound calling 'appears' direct dialed.