[Asterisk-Users] zttest - 100% ?

Carlos Antunes cmantunes at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 09:11:47 MST 2005

Are you starting Asterisk with the -p option (high priority?)

Also, do you get a different value if you run zttest this way:

nice -n -20 zttest

Carlos

On 9/30/05, DRi at b-w-computer.de <DRi at b-w-computer.de> wrote:

> Digium itself is saying their cards may work not properly with zttest
> results below 99,98
> the card itself is working the way that we can call out and receive
> calls, but we encountered massive echo-problems - sometimes more,
> sometimes less even on lines within the same phone-provider and be sure
> that we've been messing around with all other possible
> parameters for weeks without any result. Until now we've got a setup that
> we can live with at least until we get different hardware.
> It's really worse calling someone and missing the name the called person
> said then picking up the phone in cause of echo-cancelling
> parameters or even think the line is dead, or if you've got massive echoes
> and it takes about 30 seconds to filter them out if at all.
>
> Dirk
>
> asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote on 30.09.2005 16:34:18:
>
> > DRi at b-w-computer.de wrote:
> > > just as an (bad) example:
> > > we are using an x206 and couldn't get the zttest above 99.975
> > > equal what we were doing
> > > single irq, w/o acpi, w/o apic, different kernels, w/o
> > > hyperthreading, different slots, a.s.o.
> > > for an Digium wildcard TE110P
> > >
> > > so if someone got such a board to zttest 100% maybe could give some
> > > information if where's something
> > > special to run asterisk on such boards...
> > > otherwise I think there are production differences on the
> ibm-mainboards
> > > or the used chipsets
> > >
> > > we'll change hardware next...
> > You don't have to have 100% on zttest. You probably won't get it. I
> > get the same results on one of my servers and it runs perfectly.
> >
> > Kevin

"We hold [...] that all men are created equal; that they are
endowed [...] with certain inalienable rights; that among
these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"
-- Thomas Jefferson