[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and telephone volume

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Fri Sep 30 08:13:39 MST 2005

Funny, I find it just fine, but I have had a few users complain about it.
One lady said her phone wasn't working at all, so I checked it out, worked
fine, and then she admitted to me that she was 80% deaf in her one ear, and
on her old Vista 390 she had the volume cranked so it was ridiculously loud.
Solution? Train the user to put the phone in the other ear!

The volume I think is fine, but it's true that Snoms do not have an "11"
Spinal-tap syle setting. A setting like this will lead to echo on the call
because the microphone is very sensitive. For users that have problems like
this, a headset is the way to go. This will probably become an issue more
and more in the future as Ipod users slowly destroy their hearing.

You could try cranking Rx gain in your zapata.conf but again that's going to
lead to echo.