[Asterisk-Users] chan_zap.so ?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Sep 30 07:41:43 MST 2005

On Friday 30 September 2005 10:26, cyril SIMON wrote:
> I've a little problem with my asterisk server.

Yes, it is a little problem.

> Today, I wanted to restart it and when I did it, my
> asterisk server didn't want to start again.

It's telling you the problem pretty damn clearly:

> Sep 30 16:51:53 WARNING[2343]: chan_zap.c:816 zt_open:
> Unable to specify channel 1: No such device or address

It can't find the zaptel hardware.  There are a few causes for this:

1) You took the hardware out
2) You changed the configuration of the hardware
3) You didn't load the drivers for the hardware

> I really do not know that can be the problem.

Please review the potential causes above and report back.  I'm curious as to
what the actual problem was.  We can only improve our ability to help if you
provide good feedback.

-A.