[Asterisk-Users] OT: SIPSAK usage

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Fri Sep 30 07:13:37 MST 2005

I'm using sipsak to send messages to Snoms in my subnet. At work, works
fine:

sipsak -M -O desktop -B "foo" -s sip:1001 at 192.168.1.220 -H 192.168.1.46

displays "foo" on the Snom display

On my home LAN (AAH 1.5, Snom 190 3.60s, switched 100, no VLAN, no routing)
the same command (modified for my LAN) always yields:

(type: 3, code: 3): from 192.168.171.8

at the console of the sending machine. Same if I use FQDN.  Type 3 Code 3
means "ICMP port unreachable"

Doing a PCAP from the phone indicates that the Snom gets the message, but
nothing shows up in the SIP log. Doing tcpdump on the originating machine
yields something like "Reply from 192.168.171.8 > 192.168.171.10 UDP port
5060 unreachable"

Same phones, same firmware rev, same version of sipsak, no IPTABLES on the
originating machine, DNS lookups work, call behavior is normal, other SIP
behavior like MWI works fine. I got nuthin here, anyone got a tip?