[Asterisk-Users] OOH323C

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Fri Sep 30 05:52:05 MST 2005

> Dan - as a thought - I am messing with a H323 'capable' IP Phone and I
> am (maybe foolishly) trying to use ooh323 with no gateway, gatekeeper,
> or anything else and I am not getting it to work too well.  It seems
> 'sometimes' it does work.
I'm using it to connect to Cisco Call Manager.  I set the connection
up as a friend.  99.9% of the calls will be inbound, but if I need
to test an odd feature or two, I can.  I am not using a gatekeer, or
in a traditional sense a gateway.

I'd recommend testing with the latest available release of ooh323c.
I am not sure how often they push updates into the asterisk-addons,
but I do know that the source from the obj-sys website includes
chan_h323.  If the latest code doesn't help, then I would send an
email to their developer list, as I said the developers are clearly
working hard to make it a viable channel, and their support is
outstanding.

> Is there any way - as far as you (or anyone else) knows that this will
> work with any flavor of H323 on Asterisk?  I could just be messing up
> the configs.
I don't have any H.323 endpoints, but suspect it should work for you.

Dan
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: