[Asterisk-Users] Using Realtime queues and queue members

Tim Karl tkarl at imminc.com
Thu Sep 29 15:29:41 MST 2005

Hello,

We are about to attempt implementing realtime queues using Asterisk
Business Edition and are wondering if anyone has had any experiences or
recommendations /warnings with using this feature.

One issue we're trying to decide on is if we should have a MySQL server
running on the Asterisk server or a remote server to house the
database/tables for the queue settings/members. The concerns with
housing the tables on the Asterisk server are mostly resources; On the
remote server stability (if the remote server crashes or loses network
connection will Asterisk crash?) or the loss of members/queues (if the
Asterisk server remains running but can't connect to the remote server
to do queries). We will be having extremely high call volume going
through the Asterisk server.

Thank You,

Timothy Karl
InterMedia Marketing Solutions