[Asterisk-Users] Polycom Setup Questions

Jonathan k. Creasy jonathan at bluegrass.net
Thu Sep 29 12:07:26 MST 2005

Wow...I can be useful...

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Matthew T.
O'Connor
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 2:09 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Polycom Setup Questions

http://voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Polycom%20SoundPoint%20IP%20500

> look for "phone randomly freezes up"
>
> although, I'm not sure that's your issue anymore.

Nope not my issue, just to solve the mystery for everyone.  I did fix
the problem.  Jonathan nailed it on the head when he mentioned the loose

headset cable.  A few of my phone didn't have the headset cable plugged
all the way (till they clicked), but were in enough to work until they
slid out just a little.  The two things that threw me off track were 1)
the person could hear but not talk, I would tend to think that if you
headset works one way, it should work the other way too, apparently not;

and 2) The headset diagnositc passed, so I guess the cable was back "in"

while I did the test.

Anyway, I failed to pass the "is it plugged in" question :-)

Thanks for you help.

Matthew

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: