[Asterisk-Users] Tiny Echo on PSTN via Zaptel

Shaw Terwilliger sterwill at sourcegear.com
Thu Sep 29 10:49:10 MST 2005

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 12:10:47PM -0500, Neil Lewis wrote:
> If you are using CVS-Head you can also use the fxotune utility located
> in /usr/src/zaptel to tune
> out echo in the FXO module.  Execute this command: './fxotune -i 4'
> It will automatically configure the FXO modules for echo.

Is fxotune supposed to work with the TE210P?  When I run it, it outputs
the following for all of my FXO (and FXS) ports:

Tuning module 1Skipping non-TDM / non-FXO
Failure!

> You can also try using an different Echo Canceler.  We've recently added
> a new EchoCan to Asterisk:  KB1.  To utilize it, just uncomment its
> define statement in zconfig.h, and comment the other EchoCan out.

I'll give this a shot, then play with the agressive suppressor.
The echo situation is better than it used to be, so I'm making progress.

--
Shaw Terwilliger <sterwill at sourcegear.com>
SourceGear LLC