[Asterisk-Users] T.38 Faxing -> at astricon ?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Thu Sep 29 08:04:30 MST 2005

Roger Schreiter wrote:

> Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk schrieb:

>> see http://soft-switch.org/foip.html for a brief explaination of why
>> this generally doesn't work...
>

> Hi,
>
> maybe one should update this link.

Update it in what way?

> I think, you agree, that VoIP is somewhat similar to ISDN, as it
> transports analog audio data in a digitally coded way.

VoIP is not every remotely in the same ballpark as ISDN, which makes the
rest of what you say below meaningless. ISDN has rock solid timing, and
(essentially) guaranteed delivery. It is no functionally no different
from an analogue line. In fact, every analogue line feeds into an ISDN
type connection between exchanges (ISDN, SS7, etc. are functionally
equivalent).