[Asterisk-Users] Getting asterisk to send e-mail to mailbox-users

Ian Bonham bon_the_one at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 29 07:03:26 MST 2005

Hi Arne,

In /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf, under the [default] section, you need to
declare the users like this :

box# => passnumber for box, Name of User,email address

e.g.
221 => 1234,Ian Bonham,bon_the_one at hotmail.com

Do that for each mailbox you require.
Then in the sources directory, under 'contrib/scripts' there is a script
'addmailbox'. Run that and add the mailboxes you have declared in
voicemail.conf. Just enter over the first option (which will set it to
default) then type in the mailbox number. This creates the mailboxes.
Then, if you are on Linux it should use sendmail to transmit the voicemails
as email whenever a user gets a voicemail.

HTH,

Ian