[Asterisk-Users] maximum retries exceeded on call

Michael Häberle haeberle at immosky.ch
Thu Sep 29 06:30:00 MST 2005

Hi,

I phone with phpagi and/or x-pro.
Sometimes I get this warning in the asterisk-console:
"maximum retries exceeded on call".
I noticed when this message shows up, asterisk hangs up the call (even
when i'am in the middle of a call, according to our employess)

When they restart x-pro it seems to work properly again (at least some
time).

Asterisk and the clients are in the same LAN.

I read the FAQ at voip-info.org but it didn't help.

Here is my sip.conf
--------------------------
[general]
context=telin
port=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
srvlookup=yes
toos=lowdelay

allow=g726
allow=ulaw

rtptimeout=60
rtpholdtimeout=300

useragent=EASYCOM
nat=yes
-------------------------
after that comes the whole register-thing

here comes a sample user (all are the same)
-----------------------------
[user]
context=telout
type=friend
secret=XXX
dtmfmode=rfc2833
host=dynamic
allow=all
canreinvite=no
-----------------------------

in x-pro everything is standard (nothing changend but the
network-settings and sip-proxy)

Since Iam neither a linux nor a asterisk-crack, I don't really have a
clue what's going on.

Hope you can help me :)

Regards
Michael