[Asterisk-Users] setting up asterisk as an sms central?

Tom Hayden thayden at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 05:23:01 MST 2005

Well, it depends what country you're in and what kind of protocols you
are using.  Here in the US, I prefer to *not* use asterisk and use the
perl module Net::SMPP to handle my SMS traffic between my
gateway/aggregator and the carriers SMSC.  It's somewhat easier to
configure with special services, and database application.  You could
also take a look at a peice of software called Kannel, which handles
SMS aggregation.

However, if you are in Europe you should probably be able to get a
fixed-line SMS service, and use the Asterisk cmd SMS:

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+Sms

Cheers,

--
Tom,

On 9/29/05, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy at karlsbakk.net> wrote:
> yes
>
> On 28. sep. 2005, at 15.54, Tom Hayden wrote:
>
> > You're going to need to explain a little more.  When you say central
> > are you talking about an SMSC?
> >
> > --
> > Tom
> >
> > On 9/28/05, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy at karlsbakk.net> wrote:
> >
> >> hi
> >>
> >> is it possible to use asterisk as an sms central to send SMSes
> >> directly to clients on PSTN instead of just communicating with a
> >> central? the telco to which we're currently connected doesn't have a
> >> central....
> >>
> >> roy
> >>

> > --
> > Tom