[Asterisk-Users] Re: Calling voicemail from external phone.

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Thu Sep 29 05:12:28 MST 2005

I just copied the *98 extension to the extension of one of our DID numbers.
So now if I dial 5686 from inside or 1-xxx-xxx-5686 from outside, I get the
same prompts as dialing *98.

Steven

May you have the peace and freedom that come from abandoning all hope of
having a better past.
---    -      ---  - - -       -    -     -   -   --  - - - --- - ------   -
 - --- - - -- -  -    - --   -   -    -
"Arne Morten Johansen" <amj at avio.no> wrote in message
news:9ECBC164018FDC4FB48545595C0FB51334523F at trd-sbs1.AVIO.local...
Hey.

How would I set up my dialplan if a user wants to call its voicemail
from an external phone?

I'm thinking of getting the user to enter its mailbox number.

Something like this:

1. User calls the dedicated voicemail number.
2. Phone prompts for mailbox number.
3. Voicemail(${mailboxnr}@context)

 Thanks.

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: