[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on windows

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Wed Sep 28 12:33:39 MST 2005

It ran good because Exchange 5.5 was ported to Alpha natively. Anything else
that had to thunk to the emulation layer blew dead goats, as emulation tends
to do. Alpha was great, don't get me wrong, but industry politics (Intel
posturing, DEC aquisition by Compaq) dictated that Microsoft had to half-ass
the job.

Personally, I was hoping that the CHRP platform would take hold. Funny how
things come in a circle what with Apple abandoning PowerPC and OSX loading
on Dells.