[Asterisk-Users] Zap FXO/FXS issues, 1.2.0-beta1

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Sep 28 13:22:20 MST 2005

> We're having issues with the FXO/FXS ports on our Digium TDM cards
> sporadically. I'm wondering if anyone else has had these problems, or if
> anyone can provide guidance diagnosing or fixing the issue?
>

> The symptoms are that the FXO and FXS ports "stop working", usually
> after 2-4 weeks of server uptime. When this happens, sending a (SIP)
> call to an analog phone on an FXS port causes the phone to ring, but
> when you answer the phone, the off-hook is not detected. Further rings
> sound like clicks in the off-hook handset. If the handset is hung up,
> ringing resumes.

The digium analog TDM card (four modules) with early revision
numbers (rev E/F and before) had a problem where the card fails to
respond every week (or more). Stopping asterisk, stopping the drivers,
and reloading the drivers would cause the card to work again.

If that sounds like a match for your problem, contact digium support
as the card is still under warranty. Replacing it fixed the problem for
me.